I was nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award by Natalya of Blissful Pursuits. Natalya is a life coach and world traveller who is embracing all aspects of life and enjoying the journey whilst doing so. Her website is inspiring and thought provoking as she talks about never giving up on her passions and learning how to live in the present – something that we could all put into practice! Thank you for nominating me Natalya!
The rules of the Sunshine Blogger Award
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
2. Compose a post on your blog and answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
3. Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions (The new questions for my nominees are at the bottom of this post).
4. List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or your blog.
Questions that Natalya wanted me to answer
1. What inspired you to start a blog?
I originally started my blog in 2015 as a vintage/pinup lifestyle and fashion blog. I love the pinup look and at the time was attending lots of vintage and 1940s events so my blog was a good place for me to do event write ups as well as fashion tips and hair and makeup tutorials. Over the last year or so my blog has moved away from that particular genre and has become more of an overall lifestyle blog.
2. If you could give advice to your younger self what would it be?
I actually did a blog feature on this and wrote an article separately. I think this is an important question to ask yourself because it helps to remind you of what is important and to keep you grounded. Some advice I would give to my younger self would be learn to love yourself for who you are, family is important, practice patience as well as kindness and don’t allow yourself to be defined by your salary, your grades or your clothes size.
3. How are you pursuing/or using your passions?
It is important to make time for yourself. We can easily get swept along in “life” and we can easily stop doing what we enjoy because of “lack of time”. I have made this mistake in the past and neglected my passions. Now, I make sure I set aside enough hours a week to do what I enjoy. Currently it is painting. I also enjoy creative writing and taking photographs, both can be incorporated into a blog post. Another passion is travelling and seeing more of the world. This can be done on a budget to make that goal more achievable.
4. If you were to become a millionaire overnight, would you still continue to blog and why?
Yep! I enjoy blogging. It is an outlet where I can be creative and keep everything in one location. Becoming a millionaire overnight would just mean I got to see more of the world sooner rather than later and be able to blog about where I have visited and things I have experienced! I would love to travel more!
5. What is your definition of success?
Being happy. You don’t have to be rich or have a high powered job to be seen as successful. Happiness can be brought to us in many forms and if I am happy, I am doing something right!
6. Describe your morning routine?
I get up, shower, get dressed and do my hair and makeup. This takes about 30 minutes if I am going for a casual look. If I am going for more of a pinup vibe, this routine can take more than an hour depending on how I style my hair – usually putting my hair in rollers and either sleeping with them in the night before or sitting under my hood dryer for an hour or so!
7. What is your favorite book, and why?
The Girl in Times Square by Paullina Simons. I love this book and have read it so many times. It is beautifully written and tells the story of how life can give you everything with one hand but easily take it away with another. It is thought provoking and reminds you that money isn’t everything.
8. What was your first blog post about?
A review of some heated rollers by Babyliss. I wanted to show one of the ways I curled my hair into a 1940’s style.
9. Where do you find the motivation to keep blogging?
I enjoy taking photographs and visiting new places. I like to capture the memories within the photograph. Putting it all together in a blog feature is a modern way of keeping everything in a nice photo album!
10. Describe what you are doing when you are in your element?
Spending time with my husband and family. I love being at the beach, feeling the sand between my toes and the sea breeze on my face. I feel at peace when I am on the beach watching the sunrise or sunset.
11. What things are you most grateful for in your life?
My husband, family and friends. My health and my free time. The older you get (I am 35) you realise what is important. Spending time with loved ones and having your health to enable you to do so is a wonderful and beautiful thing that should not be taken for granted.
I nominate the following bloggers
1. Ashleigh Davis – www.thestoryofashleighdavis.com
2. Dan Swords – www.danswords.com
3. Samantha – www.awkwardpenguin95.wixsite.com/mysite
4. Bryoni Burns – www.bryoniburns-photography.blogspot.co.uk
5. Christina Marie – www.navigationtohappiness.wordpress.com
6. Paul McGinley – www.paulmcginleylifeandexperiences.wordpress.com
7. Lorna Hollifield – www.whatswriteincharleston.com
8. Charlotte – www.uponmydesk.com
9. Stephanie Geary – www.writingfromtheheart.blog
10. The Dad Effect – www.thedadeffect.com
11. Lisa Gourley – www.lisagourley80.wordpress.com
My 11 questions for the nominees
1. What makes you happy?
2. What three things would you change if you could?
3. Who is your inspiration?
4. Where do you see yourself in ten years from now?
5. What advice would you give to someone wanting to start a blog?
6. What was your first blog post about?
7. If you could interview anyone for your blog who would it be and why?
8. What is your most memorable experience to date?
9. Name three things you cannot live without?
10. If you could visit one place in the world and blog about it, where would it be and why?
11. What is your idea of a perfect weekend?
See Sunshine Blogger Award Rules noted above. After you compose your blog post answering the 11 questions for you above, kindly come back to this post, and comment below with the following two things so we can all be inspired by your blogging journey and story!
- Share your blog URL when you answer these 11 questions (and pay it forward)
- What did you get out of this? How do you feel?